This show brings to life just how amazing energy is. Through experiments and hands-on science demos your pupils will learn that energy is everywhere and can never be created or destroyed only changed. Perfect for enquiring minds this show covers a range of the science curriculum including energy, forces, electricity and magnets.
- That energy cannot be made or destroyed it can only be changed from one type to another.
- The two main types of energy are movement and stored energy.
- That the main types of movement energy you see around you are movement, sound, heat, light, electric and magnetic energy
- That the main types of stored energy you see around you are chemical, elastic and gravity energy.
- Friction can make it look like energy has been ‘lost’ when it’s actually been turned into heat.
Forces and magnets
Notice that some forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act at a distance.
Identify how sounds are made, associating some of them with something vibrating.
Recognise that vibrations from sounds travel through a medium to the ear.
Explain that unsupported objects fall towards the Earth because of the force of gravity between the Earth and the falling object
Identify the effects of air resistance, water-resistance and friction, that act between moving surfaces.
Audience: Key Stage 2
Available selected dates:
Summer: 26 April – 21 July ’22
Autumn: 20 Sept – 15 Dec ’22
Spring: 17 Jan – 30 March ’23
Remember: We’re closed on Mondays during term time!
All visits include
- Two hours to explore our galleries
- 30 minute science show for your class only
- Your very own Enabler, to greet and guide you, and make sure you have a great day!
- Dedicated lunch space
To enquire about a visit, complete our Eureka! Visit Enquiry Form.Contact us