Working scientifically, pupils will test and identify the best fuel for their rocket before putting it to the test in a live launch!
In this 60 minute workshop, your pupils will gain an understanding of the science behind how rockets work and the different substances that produce chemical reactions – as well as how to work effectively as a team.
- Find out about the Apollo missions and how man first landed on the Moon
- Understand that moonlight is actually a reflection of the sun’s light
- Understand the basic science behind how rockets work
- Learn that different substances produce chemical reactions
- Learn how to work effectively as a team to complete set tasks
- Observing closely, using simple equipment
- Performing simple tests
- Identifying and classifying
- Using their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions
- Gathering and recording data to help in answering questions
Available selected dates this Autumn term:
17 September – 17 October 2019
5 November – 22 November 2019
Remember: We’re closed on Mondays during term time!
All visits include
- A welcome by our specially trained staff
- Dedicated lunch area for your pupils
- Option to pre-book a visit to the gift shop
- Explore our museum and outside area
- Free teacher preview visit
- Resources such as risk assessments and gallery guides
Calderdale schools get 50% off!Contact us